Christmas is coming people. Whether you want to think about it or not, it’s coming. And it seems like every year it happens earlier and earlier, and I’m less and less prepared for it. I spend the month of December in a crazed blur of budgeting, gift buying, wrapping, decorating and listening to Christmas music on repeat. And every year I say “Next year I’m going to start earlier. I’ll be on top of it and get everything done before Thanksgiving.” And of course, it never happens.
Until this year. This is the year my friends. It’s only the first week of November and I’ve already purchased and wrapped two Christmas gifts, and made or begun making several others. I feel like I should get an award or something. Anyway, since Christmas is on my mind, I’m sure it’s on some of your minds as well, so I’m going to share one of my new favorite, eco-friendly wrapping options. Just start saving your toilet paper rolls now and you’ll be set come December!
Pillow Gift Boxes from Toilet Paper Rolls
- Toilet paper roll(s)
- Optional decorations: spray paint, washi tape, ribbons, stickers, stamps etc
1. First things first, you’ll want to make sure that your toilet paper roll is relatively free of scraps of toilet paper and glue
2. Next, decorate however your little heart desires. I’m a particular fan of washi tape, and I also have this awesome “sterling silver” spray paint that I think would be particularly nice for Christmas.
3. After your decorations have had ample time to dry, squash your TP roll flat. Crease the edges well.
4. Starting on one short side, press the center of the roll down with your thumb so that it curves in toward the middle. You may need to fuss with it a bit to create an even edge. Do the same thing on the opposite side, overlapping the resulting panels
5. Repeat step 4 on the other side of the roll
And there you have it! Easy peasy. Just wrap your small gift (jewelry, cash, gift card) in some tissue paper, stuff in the box, and tie with a ribbon if desired. These are so simple, so cheap and so effective! I’ve been saving toilet paper rolls for months and I’ve been eying some Christmas washi tape, so I can’t wait to get wrapping!